An International Truck Manuals list
Some INTERNATIONAL Truck Manual PDF & Wiring Diagrams are above the page.
The history of the company, as it is not strange, began in 1831, when Cyrus Hall McCormick invented his sickle, a rough tool of rural production. At that time, the company was engaged in the automation of manual rural work, and the founders of International tried to automate the work of the sickle (it is worth to give credit, they were quite successful).
In 1946, IH showed serious intentions to enter the market of Class 8 trucks, for this purpose, the K-series cars underwent a large-scale increase in dimensions and characteristics. The enlarged three-axle truck was equipped with either a Continental petrol engine or a Cummins diesel engine. Plants for the production of trucks were in Emeryville, California, and in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
The "stubborn" form of the car cab of the "W" series strongly resembled the cabin of trucks "Kenworth" that was located above the engine of that time. The windscreen was flat, whereas the "Kenworth" glasses had curved corners. New three-axle trucks were equipped with either a Continental petrol engine or a Cummins diesel engine.
In the first half of the 1980s, US agriculture was experiencing serious economic difficulties, and for IH came hard times. To survive in the new environment, the company began to withdraw from many business sectors, in the process of which it lost most of its divisions: the production of construction equipment:
"Construction Equipment Division" moved to "Dresser Industries",
"Solar Division" (production of turbines) - to "Caterpillar",
"Cub Cadet" (lawn and garden equipment) - to "MTD Products",
"Agricultural Division" (agricultural division) - to "Tenneco",
"Tenneco" has merged this unit with their subsidiary company "JI Case"
"Scout & Light Truck Parts Business" (spare parts and light trucks) - in 1991 to "Scout / Light Line Distributors" Inc.
International Harvester Company In 1985, all that remained of International Harvester, were units for the production of trucks and engines, and on February 20, 1986 the company changed its name to "Navistar International Corporation".
The name of the International Harvester and IH logo was the assets of the Agricultural Division and therefore became the property of Tenneco, the name IH and the logo are currently in use, Case Corporation included it in its Case IH brand). IHC Corporation has also used the International brand in construction machinery and trucks, and this brand continues to be used in the products of the International Truck and Engine Corporation, a subsidiary of Navistar.