A MORRIS Commercial Truck Manual PDF is above this page.
Morris was founded in 1913 by William Morris, initially manufactured cars, and began its activity in the military field only with the creation in 1924 of the cargo compartment Morris Commercial.
In 1929 made Minor with an 850 cc engine. It was a 2-seater sports option, used to deliver urgent mail.
It was followed by the Minor, 8HP, 10HP, and other models.
The only special staff vehicle in 1937 was the Morris Wasp, built on a standard 8HP chassis with a 4-cylinder engine (918 cc, 24 hp), which developed a speed of 80 km / h. It received a 2-speed gearbox in the transmission, spoke wheels with all-terrain tires and a high 2-door body with an awning.
During WWII, Morris produced 8,000 headquarters vehicles and all-metal 10HP series M (4x2) pickups with bearing bodies, known under the nickname Tilly.
They were equipped with a motor overhead valve (1.1 liter, 37 hp), oversized tires and a grille in front of the radiator. No less famous at that time was a simple pickup Morris Y, used as a light ambulance.
Work on special army vehicles began shortly after the creation in May 1924 of a division of Morris Commercial Cars Ltd., which was located in Birmingham and produced them under the Morris Commercial brand.
The first in the British army since 1926 began to arrive standard 1-ton trucks and sanitary models T, made on the units of the Oxford passenger.
At the end of 1926, the company received the first order of the military department for multi-purpose 1.5-ton trucks and saddles equipped with a 50-hp 4-cylinder engine, rear axles on two longitudinal springs, and in 1932 a batch of trucks and ambulances for the British Army in India.
They received lean-to wheels with low-pressure tires, and the rear suspension travel increased from 91 to 100 cc. The 6D staff machines supplied a 6-cylinder engine (4.3 liters, 74 hp) and a rather elegant 5-door all-metal body.