Some PACIFIC Truck Service Manuals PDF are above the page - PFC 410, R4640M.
In 1947, the Canadian company Pacific Trucks was founded. At the origin of the brand were three former engineers of the company “Hayes”, who in the early years of the new company specialized in adapting Hayes trucks for use in extreme cold conditions, as well as in the production of trailers.
However, since 1953, Pacific has begun to take orders for the construction of heavy trucks and tractors for work in the industrial sector. First of all, quarry and oilfield trucks were presented, as well as models for forest transportation.
In 1955, Pacific Trucks opened a representative office in New Zealand, where the government of the country made considerable efforts to create its own production of industrial cars. And in 1967, new production facilities were opened in Vancouver.
However, the construction of new factories adversely affected the financial well-being of Pacific Company, which led to the sale in 1970 of a controlling stake to International Harvester, which in those years was constantly expanding the range of its products.
In the 70s, the company produces several exclusive models, securing a similar achievement with the start of the production of trucks intended for operation in a tropical climate.
In the 1970s, the Canadian brand opened its representation in South Africa, and part of the shares of the South African branch was distributed between the government of the country, International Harvester and the New Zealand branch of the brand.
However, since 1976, “Pacific Trucks New Zealand” was separated into a separate independent company. And the Canadian branch began producing armored cars and heavy trucks for the armed forces of the United States of America and Canada.